A Special Message from the Birdman About His Books
Gentle Reader: One of the major purposes of this website is to prove to you that the quality of the information and writing you get from me is nothing but the best, whether it is written by me, or selected from the writings of others, irrespective of the subject. So if you have read some and are ready for more, these books are ready when you are.
One thing you need to understand about me is this: I have spent my life investigating the most interesting subjects in the world, many of them forbidden or poorly understood. Due to my constant reading and research, and due also to my refusal to be limited by taboo, and my ability to 'think outside the box' by throwing off accumulated error and received nonsense, my books stand at the cutting edge of knowledge. This is important because how well we survive and prosper in this world depends on the quality of the information we possess. Thus it follows that by reading my books you can leapfrog ahead of the great mass of people who have not. What is more, you receive the benefit of a lifetime of reading and reflection for just a few bucks. You also get the satisfaction of contributing to the upkeep of this website, since your purchases or contributions insure that it will continue to be here to serve you.
While there is no argument about taste, there are many distinguished men and women, including Nobel prizewinners, who have reviewed my books or commented on my writings, and these reviews have been uniformly favorable. (Quotations from these reviews are found with the book descriptions on this site.) As a controversial author, I cannot avoid having some people hostile to me; I can only ask the reader to judge what kind of author I am by the ample sampling of my works posted on this site or available thru my weekly email letter, along with the reviews of the distinguished individuals who have read my books. While you may from time to time encounter hostile comments about my books, it is well to keep in mind that it is the very excellence of my work that attracts hostility; for my enemies see quite plainly that it is the excellent rather than the mediocre books which are a threat to their prejudices, ignorance, stupidity or agendas, and thus it is the excellent books which in their view must be attacked.
the Hell is John Bryant? An Interview With the World's Most
Controversial Author" Wherein
Mr Bryant discusses his books and the men and women who have been
involved with them
Three quotes which appear on the cover of the Socratic Press catalog:
"Your books are refreshingly rational, irreverent and full of clear thinking. You cannot imagine what relief they bring to those of us tortured by this insane, upside-down revolving media-orchestrated madhouse of a world." --William R Wright, author
"You've got real talent." --Willis Carto, founder, The Spotlight and American Free Press
"John Bryant may be dangerous." --Joseph Farah, Editor, WorldNetDaily
To check out the Birdman's books, click on the category of interest in the list below, or just click on the first category and scroll thru the entire list. And be sure to read "About the Reviews".
Note: All Socratic Press books are sold with a full money-back guarantee: If you are dissatisfied in any way, just return unwanted items for a complete refund of purchase price (minus shipping). (Returned books should be in resalable (new) condition.)
Want to know Birdman's favorite books? Here they are (These are the short titles):
Special Discounts When Ordering Direct From The Socratic Press
ORDERS OF THREE OR MORE BOOKS: You save one dollar per book for every order of three or more books.
ORDERS OF TEN OR MORE BOOKS: You save a FULL 30% on orders of 10 or more books (the same or different titles). Sorry, but you CANNOT APPLY the '3-or-more' offer and the '10-or-more' offer on the same order - you must choose one or the other.
HOW TO ORDER: Use the convenient order form HERE, or if you prefer, use the numbered steps below to calculate your order:
1. Total the price of all books ordered.
2. If ordering THREE OR MORE BOOKS, subtract $1 for each book ordered; if ordering TEN OR MORE BOOKS, subtract 30 percent from your order total. Use ONLY ONE OF THESE DISCOUNTS per order!
3. Add shipping: $3 for the first book; $2 for each additional book. (Foreign: Double the rates; foreign air: Double the foreign rates.)
3A: Add insurance costs using the schedule below if you want your order insured. We have never lost an order, but in this increasingly unstable affirmative-action world, there may well be a first time. Insurance allows you free replacement of your order if it does not arrive. We strongly recommend insurance for Canadian orders, as Canada has a reputation for confiscating books, altho none of ours has been confiscated.
If your order is $50 or less, insurance is $3
If your order is $100 or less, insurance is $4
For every additional $100 of order value, add an additional $1 (Thus $200 costs $5; $300 costs $6; etc)
4. Add 6% sales tax. Florida claims that we must pay this tax on ALL out-of-state sales, and we are not really in a position to challenge them, altho we believe that they have no legal right to do so. But then when have citizens' legal rights had the least effect on the behavior of government?
5. The Birdman will be happy to autograph your books upon request. Please include the request with your order.
6. If you wish to pay by CASH, CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, then mail your payment to the following address: The Socratic Press, PO Box 66683, St Pete Beach FL 33736-6683.
7. If you wish to pay by CREDIT CARD, see the instructions below for ONLINE methods of payment, in which case you would have to EMAIL us your order at email@example.com . As soon as we have received confirmation from PayPal or StormPay that your payment has been received (usually within the hour), we will email you to acknowledge your order.
8. Orders are generally shipped within 24 hours of receipt. Feel free to inquire about your order by email at any time (Email firstname.lastname@example.org) If you send us your email address, we will notify you the day your order is shipped. We have never lost an order, tho we have had one or two instances in which the Post Office took its good old time in delivering the goods.
SPECIAL CAUTION: If you want to send cash, please make sure it cannot be detected thru the envelope. Altho we have never lost an order, Socratic Press cannot be responsible for filling orders where payment has been 'lost'.
NOTE: You must be COMPLETELY SATISFIED with your order or you can return it for a full refund (minus shipping charges), no questions asked. (Returned books must be in resalable (new) condition.) We are proud to say, however, that it has been YEARS since anyone has actually returned anything.
If you want to use a CREDIT CARD to send a payment for books to the Socratic Press, or to send a donation to the Birdman, you can do it with either PayPal or StormPay. Here's how to make the payment:
PAYPAL: Tell PayPal to pay email@example.com. HOWEVER, we urge you to use StormPay (see next item for instructions) rather than PayPal, because we have had some conflicts with PayPal which have produced nightmares for both us and the customer. Furthermore, our problems have not been unique -- we understand that PayPal has successfully stolen money from other 'politically incorrect' vendors.
STORMPAY: If you don't already have an account,
take just 5 minutes and sign up (no charge) with StormPay as follows:
(1) Get onto www.stormpay.com and click on "Sign up for your free Stormpay account today."
(2) Fill in the form, respond to the email they send you, and (after you do your first login to your account) supply the credit card number that you want to charge the payment against (It must match the name and address you keyed in when you signed up).
(3) Follow the instructions to send the money.
NOTE: Payment for books should be in US dollars, but we can accept Euros for donations. There is a certain hassle in depositing them, so if you have dollars, that would be appreciated. We are uncertain about other foreign currencies - please check with us first.
NB: The Socratic Press ("Selling books and raising hell since 1986") is listed in Books in Print and Literary Marketplace which are found in most libraries. Please do not confuse it with 'Socratic Press of California', a tiny outfit of recent vintage that, if we are not mistaken, sells exactly one title.
isn't free! To insure the
continuation of this website and the survival of its creator in
these financially-troubled times, please send donations directly to the Birdman at
PO Box 66683, St Pete Beach FL 33736-6683
"The smallest good deed is worth the grandest intention."
contribute today - buy our books - and spread the word to all
Remember: Your donation = our survival!
* * Back to the Home Page of John "Birdman" Bryant, the World's Most Controversial Author * *